Friday 29 January 2016

Half-Whole

I brought you back with all the Christmas presents,
and I intended for it to be
an interruption to me and my routine
but you've sat and accompanied me
through my life, lately.

You do the dishes, pack the bins
and take them out.
You and I have nothing, any longer,
to argue about.

I have never felt more pride. Pride has battered
my care for threads and dust.
In the pale gray light of day, it's still us.
My brother, your sister,
Of course we cling on because we both miss her.

Love infintismal. Call and I'll
listen to you. Always. 

When you went away
to interview for your future, I was scared
you'd bolted.
Tears revolted
from the eyes that have seen you on the sofa
like a well-timed cup of tea.
You - without knowing - have comforted me.

He's a strong, slumbering, generous soul.
He's my brother. The only half that fits my .one half of a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment