Saturday 17 December 2016

Tess


You sprang from the land of the long white cloud,

ventured beyond the Southern Alps

and ploughed a patch on another little island.

You came to discover things, my friend.



Wise and alive and strong like a silver fern,

you grow outwards and have strong roots

below. You learn things when you

fear you don’t know.

The status quo won’t do for you my friend,

there is always more.



So you take strides, you gallivant and you explore.

You’ve tried things, you’ve failed and have been sore,

even cried and given in.

Take it on the chin: a win without a

fight, anyway, is a redundant kind of win.



Mark on your map in indelible ink this

stop on your journey;

that’s what it is, I think.

Embark on everything, cross the borders

into everywhere and climb out of every window.

You deserve the whole world you’ve been travelling

and nothing less.

Wander around, procrastinate and effervesce.

You are my Frances, my friend, my Tess.

No comments:

Post a Comment